Hello Everyone! In case your computer can’t play the video or you just don’t feel like watching the minute or so video, here it is in mere words!
This is for all of you out there that don’t think you have a green thumb!
This tip will restore your faith in your growing skills, because believe me, if I can do this, YOU can too!
The video basically shows how you can re-grow green onions.
- Get ahold of a bunch of green onions.
- Cut the green onion where the white part of the onion meets up with the green part. (Use a sharp knife or sharp scissors.)
- Place the white part with roots attached in a glass.
- Fill with good, clean water just above the roots; about 1/4″ to 1/2″ above the roots.
- Place in a sunny location.
- Change out the water every day or so.
- Wait for it…wait for it…to re-grow!
- When plant gets to desired height, repeat steps 1-7!
Green onions can be grown year round! So those of you who can’t wait for spring to grow something…well here’s a way to grow something “green” even with staring outside at three feet of snow!
I hope this post finds you happy and healthy. Eating well, doing good things for yourself and others is all part of happy-and-healthy. I love having something always growing in my window sill. I usually have two to three green onion bunches growing at a time. It makes me happy and that in turn keeps me healthy! I hope you share this tip with your friends and family and they too can feel the satisfaction of having a green thumb!